Looking for a green recipe to create with your friends this St. Patrick’s Day? Check out this matcha sugar cookie recipe to get you in the holiday spirit.
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons matcha green tea powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking soda and matcha green tea powder. Gradually beat the dry ingredient mixture into the wet mixture.
- With a small cookie scoop, make rounded balls of dough and place 2 inches apart on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Let cool on the pan for 2 minutes, then transfer to a wire cooling rack.