Shrimp spaghetti is a dish great for any day of the week either alone or with your friends and family.
- 3/4 pounds of spaghetti
- 1 lb tomatoes
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 lb medium headless fresh shrimp, shells removed & deveined
- 4 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 small garlic clove, sliced thin
It takes 30 minutes to prepare this dish. Cooking takes 20 minutes. Serves 4.
1. Boil water for pasta.
2. In a large skillet, over medium-low heat, sauté the garlic in olive oil. Gradually add the tomatoes, oregano, salt and pepper.
3. Continue to cook on medium-low and after the tomatoes come to a slow simmer, cook for 15 minutes.
4. The water for the pasta should be boiled. Add a handful of salt to the water and add the spaghetti.
5. While the pasta is cooking, add the shrimp to the sauce, raise the heat to medium and cook until the first side turns pink, around 3 minutes. Turn the shrimp and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
6. Transfer the spaghetti to the skillet with the shrimp, reduce the flame to low, and toss the spaghetti to coat with the sauce.