Here is yet another delectable pasta recipe my mother has shown to me that is sure to please everyone at the table!
· Chicken breasts (or tenders)
· 1 cup Italian dressing
· 2 blocks cream cheese
· 2 Tbsp. butte
· 1 small onion, finely chopped
· 1 bag baby spinach
· 1 container mushrooms
· Salt and pepper to taste
· Crushed red pepper (optional)
· 1 box penne pasta, cooked and drained
1. In a large sauté pan, pan-fry chicken in 2 Tbsp. of butter until lightly browned on both sides. Set aside. I shred the chicken into bite-sized pieces at this point.
2. In the same pan, sauté chopped onion, mushrooms, sundried tomatoes and spinach until onions are translucent and spinach is wilted. (This is where I add salt and red pepper, if desired.)
3. Push all ingredients to the outer perimeter of the pan and add Italian dressing and 2 blocks of cream cheese to the middle. Lightly stir over medium low heat until melted and combine with the rest of the ingredients.
4. Add chicken back into pan and thoroughly combine.
5. Add pasta and toss with rest of the ingredients until all pasta is covered.
6. Top each serving with shredded parmesan. Enjoy!
The Slate welcomes thoughtful discussion on all of our stories, but please keep comments civil and on-topic. Read our full guidelines here.