Looking for a last minute holiday treat to make with the family? Try these Christmas Sugar Cookie Bars that are not only festive but delicious.
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- 1 pack of holiday sprinkles
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 6 ounces of cream cheese
- Your favorite icing
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Lightly grease a 9x13 inch pan.
3. In a large bowl, beat the butter, cream cheese and sugar until fluffy.
4. Beat in vanilla extract, almond extract and eggs.
5. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt.
6. Pour flour mixture into butter mixture and stir until dough forms.
7. Put dough into the greased pan and spread evenly to form a layer.
8. Bake for 22-25 minutes. Once the bars are baked, cool for 10 minutes. Evenly spread your favorite icing on the top, add sprinkles and enjoy!