½ an onion
One clove of garlic
As many slices of tomato as desired
1 tube of Italian sausage
¼ cup tomato paste
¼ cup heavy cream
1 package premade tortellini
1.Sauté onion, garlic and tomato.
2. Cook sausage over high heat until browned.
3. Boil tortellini in water for 10 minutes.
4. Add tomato paste and heavy cream to tomato, onions & garlic, stir.
5. Once brown, add sausage to mixture, stir.
6. Add 1/4 cup pasta water to mixture (or more heavy cream if desired!)
7. Add pasta, garnish with spinach, and enjoy!
The Slate welcomes thoughtful discussion on all of our stories, but please keep comments civil and on-topic. Read our full guidelines here.