If you are like me, making extravagant meals can be confusing, stressful and oftentimes — costly. When a recipe has too many measurements of too many different ingredients, my head starts to spin and I often question why I bothered trying to make such a complicated dish in the first place. However, I am here to offer a foolproof meal that is cheap, easy to make and of course, delicious. Taco salad has all the flavor of the classic taco, minus the mess of a crumbly shell. With no exact measurements and the freedom to mix and match your toppings, taco salad is a perfect option for either lunch or dinner.
1 pound of ground beef 1 bag of classic Romaine salad
1 package of cherry tomatoes 1 package of shredded cheddar jack cheese
8 ounces of sour cream Choice of dressing
Taco Kit (yields 12 taco shells and seasoning mix)
1. Brown beef on medium heat and drain.
2. Stir in water and seasoning mix. Heat until thickened.
3. Remove taco shells from plastic container.
4. Bake shells in preheated 350-degree oven for 3–4 minutes. When shells have cooled, break and crumble two shells into a bowl.
5. Add desired amount of beef, salad, tomatoes, cheese, sour cream and dressing to crushed shells in the bowl.
6. Stir until ingredients are mixed.