Baking muffins is sure to bring you comfort while you are home this spring. Matcha muffins are sweet and savory, and their main ingredient, the organic matcha powder, contains antioxidants that will help boost your immune system.
- Muffin mix
- 6 tbsp of melted butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of oat milk
- 2 tbsp of organic matcha powder
- 2 tbsp of maple syrup
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 slice of lemon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk muffin mix and matcha powder together for five minutes in a small bowl.
- Pour the wet ingredients into a large bowl and beat together until frothy.
- Add the dry ingredients to the larger bowl and whisk until the mixture is soft.
- Carefully pour mixture into muffin pan. Place in the oven for 22 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk 1/2 cup powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon unsweetened dairy-free milk beverage, 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract or flavoring, and a pinch of salt until smooth.
- Dip muffins into icing after letting them cool for six minutes.
Interested in recreating this recipe? Let us know how it turned out by using the hashtag #TheSlateMeals.