Hot or Not 2/17/2015

barstoolsportscom

Mo'ne Davis the 13 year old Philly phenom is still taking the sports world by storm.

Hot: Mo’ne Davis, NBA Celebrity game

That is right, the first female pitcher to win a Little League World Series game can play basketball, too. Mo’ne Davis played in the NBA All-Star Celebrity Game this past Friday. Davis held her own against stars from Hollywood, the NBA and WNBA on Friday night. One of the highlights of the night was Davis beating four-time MVP Kevin Hart for an easy layup in the opening quarter.

Davis, who rose to fame during the Little League World Series, is a mere 13 years old and plays basketball for her high school’s varsity team.

“She was really impressive out there,” said WNBA player Skylar Diggins, who got a photo with Davis after the game.

Not: ISSUU

Digital publishing platform Issuu recently decided to censor University at Buffalo’s student newspaper, The Spectrum. The Spectrum ran an annual sex edition of its paper and Issuu shut down the online publishing of the edition. In order to view the online edition, readers must first log in to Issuu and prove that they are 18 years of age.

In an era in which a student speaking responsibly about sex is rare, it is a shame that a publishing company would put the paper on lockdown. Issuu defended its actions by stating that the paper was publishing things “inappropriate for some users.” Nothing on the web edition of The Spectrum’s sex issue is out of the ordinary or obscene. Issuu needs to take a long look at what it has done, make the issue accessible to the public and apologize to the students responsible for The Spectrum.    

screen_shot_20150215_at_30528_pm

ISSUU censorship of The Spectrum is under fire.