If you are looking to add more taste to your favorite comfort food then try this cheesy recipe. Spruce up your sandwich by adding basil and tomato; you will not regret it.
- 2 slices of white bread
- 2 slices of American cheese
- 4 fresh basil leaves
- 2 slices of tomato
- Place two pieces of bread onto a plate. Spread one side of each bread with butter and the other side with mayonnaise.
- Place basil leaves onto the mayonnaise side of both bread slices followed by the cheese and tomato.
- Place the sandwich on its butter side down on a medium-heat skillet. Cook the sandwich for 3-4 minutes per side, or until the crust is golden and cheese starts to melt.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately.