Regular pancakes can get boring after a while so why not try these fluffy and delicious lemon blueberry pancakes. This recipe will become one of your favorite breakfasts in no time!
- 1 1/2 cups of flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of lemon zest
- 1 cup of fresh blueberries (Some for the batter and some for topping.)
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and lemon zest together. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, oil, milk, vanilla and lemon juice.
- Pour the wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Mix until combined. Gently fold in the blueberries. Let the batter sit for 10 minutes.
- While the batter sits, set the stove to medium heat for the skillet. Once the skillet is heated, lightly butter it and pour the desired amount of batter.
- Cook for three to four minutes, or until bubbles form on top of the pancakes and the edges of the pancakes look dry. Flip the pancakes and cook for another minute or until lightly browned on the bottom.
- Top pancakes with remaining blueberries, syrup or other favorite toppings.