Curry chicken is an essential dish in Jamaican cuisine. Rich and tasty, you will enjoy making and eating this with friends and family.
-1lb of boneless chicken
-¼ cup vegetable oil
-1 onion, chopped
-1 tomato, chopped
-1 garlic clove, chopped
-2 tablespoons curry powder
-2 slices of jalapeno pepper (optional)
It takes 10 minutes to prepare this dish. Cooking takes 45 minutes. Maximum servings is 4.
1. Heat vegetable oil in a skillet over medium-high heat;
2. Cook and stir onion, tomato, garlic, curry powder,thyme, jalapeno pepper (optional) until onion is golden, about 7 minutes.
3. Stir in chicken and cook until chicken is lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
4. Pour water into the skillet,
5. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer until chicken is no longer pink at the center, about 30 minutes. Season with salt.