Missing campus already? Take a bit of SU home by recreating the iconic “Raider Bowl” this Wednesday with our Recipe of the Week. Serves three.
1 packet of chicken gravy mix
1 can of corn
1 package of popcorn chicken (any brand)
3 slices of sharp cheddar cheese
1 container of premade mashed potatoes
- Cook popcorn chicken as directed on package
- In a small pot, bring 1 cup of water to boil. Stir in gravy mix on medium heat. Cook until the gravy begins to boil. Once boiling, turn down heat and let simmer for 1 minute. Remove from burner and place to the side.
- Open one corner of mashed potato plastic and microwave for 3 minutes. Stir and microwave for an additional two minutes.
- Drain excess water from the can of corn and place into a bowl. Microwave for 2 minutes.
- Slice cheese into smaller pieces. If preferred, substitute with shredded cheese.
- To assemble the bowl, scoop out two large spoonfuls of mashed potatoes. Sprinkle pieces of cheese over the potatoes, followed by two small spoonfuls of corn. Add a handful of chicken and pour gravy over the mixture. Sprinkle on extra cheese.