While being stuck in quarantine, it is important to take care of your own well-being. Whether you dance or listen to the lyrics, music can help you remember the good in life. From Machine Gun Kelly to Paramore, here are eight songs to listen to if you need a pick-me-up.
1. "100 Bad Days" by AJR is an upbeat, go-getter song reflecting on the good days and the bad ones. This song gives listeners an optimistic outlook on what there is to come, whether the days past were good or bad. This is shown with the lyric "A hundred bad days made a hundred good stories."
2. "All Time Low" by Jon Bellion is the lead single of his debut album, “The Human Condition.” Bellion's message conveys his feelings of hopelessness about the world around him prior to a breakup.
3. "I Think I'm OKAY" by Machine Gun Kelly feat. YUNGBLUD and Travis Barker lives up to its title. The song focuses on taking back your own life after you feel you have lost control. Kelly reflects the confrontations that he receives for being himself.
4. "Hard Times" by Paramore is an ’80s-themed tune with a Cyndi Lauper touch that sings about rough times. The optimistic vocals overshadow the lyrics, which use several metaphors to say the hard times will pass.
5. "Pompeii" by Bastille is the alternative pop single named after the ancient city itself. Lead singer Dan Smith revealed in an interview the song is about the aftermath of Mount Vesuvius. Smith said two people who were stuck together at the time of their demise, are sharing a conversation with each other in the form of the lyrics.
6. "Level of Concern" by Twenty One Pilots released in the middle of the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic. The song gives insight to the lives of the singers while quarantining themselves.
7. "Don't Be So Hard on Yourself" by Jess Glynne tells listeners that mistakes happen, life goes on, and to not be so hard on yourself for being human. Dark times, good times and bad times are always going to happen, but it is how you handle them that defines the person you are.
8. "The Show Goes On" by Lupe Fiasco is about pursuing what you want to do, regardless of the circumstances and people holding you back. It depicts the lifestyle Fiasco grew up in and how later in life his lifestyle has not changed.