During the winter break, warm yourself with a nice buttery meal that friends and family will enjoy.
2 tbsp of olive oil
4 (6-oz) salmon fillets
3 tbsp butter
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 cup of halved tomatoes
2 cups of baby spinach
1/4 cup of heavy cream
1/4 cup of grated parmesan
1/4 cup of chopped parsley and basil
- Pour oil in to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season salmon all over with salt-and-pepper on a separate plate. When oil is simmering but not smoking, add salmon to skillet and cook for 8 minutes (or until golden brown). Then, flip and cook for 2 minutes and transfer to a plate.
- Reduce heat to medium and add butter. When butter has melted, stir in garlic and cook until fragrant for 1 minute. Add cherry tomatoes and season with salt-and-pepper. Add baby spinach and cook until the spinach is beginning to wilt.
- Stir in heavy cream, parmesan, and herbs and bring mixture to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and simmer until sauce is slightly reduced for 3 minutes.
- Return salmon to skillet and spoon over sauce. Simmer until salmon is cooked through for another 3 minutes.
- Garnish with more herbs and squeeze lemon on top before serving.