Buckle up, buckos, because this recipe is to die for. We all love pizza, anyone who doesn’t isn’t human. I also think that it’s a universal thought that if we could eat pizza every single day, we would, because again, anyone who doesn’t like pizza THAT much is not human. Well, I’ve had to wean myself off the pizza train to get back into my healthy eating and to save my bank account from constantly ordering out. Well, I decided to look for a variation of the well-loved dish and what I found was, I repeat, to die for.
1 package crescent rolls (makes 8 rolls) 2 tbsp. melted butter
Cheese, measurements and type depend on how much cheese you like. I prefer to opt for a three-cheese blend
1 cup marinara sauce 12 pepperonis
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
2. Open the can of crescent rolls and separate them. Press two rolls together to make a rectangle.
3. Glaze the rectangle with butter.
4. Place a layer of marinara sauce on the crescents.
5. Sprinkle cheese over the marinara sauce
6. Place three pepperonis on top of the cheese.
7. Fold each side of the crescent over the middle and press the edges together. Then twist the
roll, to make a breadstick/twist.
8. Place on the baking sheet and repeat with the rest of the crescents.
9. Brush the top of each stick with butter and bake for 18 minutes.
10. *optional* have a side of more marinara sauce for an extra pizza-like taste and enjoy.