With The Slate, you have the option to advertise online or in the print edition. Please contact us for a media kit with full information about advertising options, rates and other important information. We do provide discounts, premium locations and color advertising in the print edition.
The full media kit, including all publication dates this year, is available on this page. Advertising contracts are also available in the media kit as well.
We also offer advertising on our newsstands located around campus in clear view of everyone who passes by.
*Interested in video advertisements?* The Slate offers to host video advertisements, or produce your own for a fee. Contact us for more information.
_The Slate Office:_ 717-477-1778
_Advertising Director_ firstname.lastname@example.org
- Circulation 1,100
- Campus-wide and in the ship community
- Readership over 8,000
- 94% of all SU Students live in Pennsylvania
- All ads are Run of Press
Black and White Prices:
SizeCampus PriceLocal PriceNational Price5.096 x 2.75 (1/8 Page)$30$40$505.096 x 5.486 (1/4 Page)$55$70$9010.236 x 6.194 (1/2 Page H)$100$140$1705.069 x 10.986 (1/2 Page V)$100$140$17010.236 x 10.986 (Full Page)$185$235$325
SizeCampus PriceLocal PriceNational Price5.096 x 2.75 (1/8 Page)$40$55$655.096 x 5.486 (1/4 Page)$75$95$12510.236 x 6.194 (1/2 Page H)$135$185$2255.069 x 10.986 (1/2 Page V)$135$185$22510.236 x 10.986 (Full Page)$250$310$435
- 5% off any ads running for 3 or more issues
- 10% off any ads running for 10 or more issues
- 5% any advertisements running online and in print once
- 10% any advertisements running both online and in print for 3 or more weeks
- 15% any advertisements running both online and in print for 10 or more weeks
- Premium positions are an additional 20% of the base price of the advertisement
- All ads must be submitted in a .tif or .pdf format. No other forms will be accepted
- All colored ads must be in CMYK color scheme
- All B&W ads must be in 100%K. All other process colors must be 0%.
- The Slate cannot guarantee the quality of your ad if these specifications are not met.
- Color is the most cost-effective way to increase the impact of a newspaper ad.
- Full-color ads beat black-and-white ads for in-depth readership by 62%
- We must receive your advertisement and all paperwork by the Wednesday prior to the print date.
- If you cannot make an advertisement, our staff can create one free of charge.